CFB Power 5 Previews: Pac-12 Win Totals

    Welcome back to #HLSBets on HLS Entertainment! This week we are going to look at EVERY team in the power 5 conferences, and the independents with a few extras thrown in, win total and discussing how I am betting it for each team. Last season I was 6-6 in the Pac 12, still making money but disappointing. There has been a lot of turnover at the powerhouse programs in the conference and that will have heavy ripple effects for the rest of the conference. It is so weird that there is no longer divisions in the Pac 12, not sure if I like it. First instinct was to hate it. Before we get started be sure to follow me on Twitter @HaroldLStokes so you can follow along each week's #HLSBets public bet sheet. As always you can buy in for the Bonus Bets sheets weekly or buy in for the full season, DM me on Twitter for more information.


Arizona 

2021 Record: 1-11

Win Total O/U: 2.5

Bet: OVER

    Listen, getting Pac 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year transferred in to be your new QB has to improve this team. I really hope this team balls out this season I am rooting for them. I am also REALLY looking forward to the November 19th matchup with Washington State to find out who won the battle of QB transfers.


Arizona State 

2021 Record: 8-5

Win Total O/U: 6

Bet: STAY AWAY

    I loved the Herm experiment and rooted for it to succeed but this team is a flaming NCAA violation waiting to blow up. Unless somehow the players that remain somehow finally bought in and play with grit this could get ugly. Too many variables to bet, just enjoy the show.



California 

2021 Record: 5-7

Win Total O/U: 5.5

Bet: UNDER

    Man I feel bad typing this, I don't know what there is to be excited about for this team this season. This team is not making bowl eligibility.


Colorado 

2021 Record: 4-8

Win Total O/U: 3

Bet: STAY AWAY

    This team WILL upset someone, but outside of that they only have 3 "winnable" games on the schedule and I do not trust them to win all three AND upset someone. Stay Away.


Oregon 

2021 Record: 10-4

Win Total O/U: 8.5

Bet: OVER

    I am VERY excited for this team going forward, I love the staff Dan Lanning has assembled and I know they won't miss a step recruiting and will continue to build this program. Every game aside from Georgia is a winnable game for this team, bringing back their entire OL and a huge chunk of their front 7 will be huge for helping this team transition head coaches this season.


Oregon State 

2021 Record: 7-6

Win Total O/U: 6

Bet: OVER

    This team could thrive with Chance Nolan slinging the ball across the field this season. This team should only improve this season. I am very excited to see what Damien Martinez turns out to be at running back.


Stanford 

2021 Record: 3-9

Win Total O/U: 4.5

Bet: UNDER

    How David Shaw is still the head coach is insane to me. Does Stanford boosters and fans just not expect much from this program? I have never seen a program fumble a come up like this team has since Jim Harbaugh left for the NFL. The Pac 12 was absolutely up for grabs and it should have been theirs but they could not keep up in the easiest conference to win. With their schedule even tougher this year they might be lucky to match last seasons record even with nearly the entire offense returning.


UCLA 

2021 Record: 8-4

Win Total O/U: 8

Bet: OVER

    If I see one more Dorian Thompson-Robinson for Heisman this season I might lose it. Yes he plays at a big LA program so ESPN and other sports broadcasts think talking about him will get them clicks and views. He is a barely above average college QB. I was rooting for Chip Kelly to turn UCLA into a winner but the DTR narrative has infuriated me so much the past two seasons I am now rooting for them to lose. Now that I got that off my chest, this team did have one of if not the best offense in the Pac 12 last season and I think Kelly helps them taking further steps forward. I think this season Kelly's UCLA tenure finally reaches .500.


USC

2021 Record: 4-8

Win Total O/U: 9.5

Bet: OVER

    I think Lincoln Riley will turn USC around, but do I think they win 10 games?? I kind of feel like they easily can if Caleb Willaims and Jordan Addison click, they could be in every game. You point to me their 3 losses on the schedule. It will be hilarious if this team somehow goes 11-1, wins the Pac 12 and then Lincoln Riley gets just smoked in the College Football Playoff just like he did at Oklahoma.


Utah

2021 Record: 10-4

Win Total O/U: 9

Bet: OVER

    I just talked about USC's legit shot this season with their transfers. But this Utah team is home grown, and if they were EVER to have a legit shot for the CFP it is this season. Their opening game at Florida will set the standard for the entire season. If this team rolls into the swamp and wins, everyone will be paying attention to them. October 15th can't get here fast enough.


Washington 

2021 Record: 4-8

Win Total O/U: 7.5

Bet: UNDER

    Okay, it is obvious the players were entirely checked out last season, specifically on offense. Their defense was the strength of the team last year and they lost so much talent but return a few from injury, will a return to form mixed with an offense getting an injection of energy from new head coach  Kalen DeBoer lead to DOUBLING last years win total? I don't know. I don't think I see 8 wins on this schedule. Those who have followed #HLSBets know I have been burnt rooting for this team to take the next step.


Washington State 

2021 Record: 7-6

Win Total O/U: 5.5

Bet: OVER

    Losing starting QB Jayden De Laura to Arizona in the transfer portal is embarassing, but it does go down easier seeing who you have to replace him. Cameron Ward (needs to go by Cam if he doesn't already but that's my all-time QBs have one syllable first name theory, Peyton is the Manning is the exception) arrived on campus and immediately was handed the keys to the kingdom. Lets see how far the FCS stud can carry the Cougars, I am excited to watch.


Thank you so much for reading! If you made it this far and want to buy in for the #HLSBets follow and dm me on Twitter @HaroldLStokes send "PAC12" for the special price for full season buy in for the #HLSBets Bonus Sheet!

Popular posts from this blog

HLS Movie Awards Nominees: Best Screenplay and Dialogue

WandaVision : Disney's First MCU TV Show - What to Expect and Theories

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness Preview SPOILERS